● Long-lasting – Hardwood floors that are well manufactured and maintained can last for generations. As they are hard-wearing, they can withstand heavy foot traffic and active work areas, providing greater resistance to indentation and abrasion.
● Hygienic and easy to maintain – Timber floors are better than carpets which can harbour parasites, allergens like dust mites and fleas as well as dust. It also does not retain stains or odors and can be cleaned just by sweeping or mopping.
● Insulating – Wooden flooring insulates against excessive heat which help keep floors cool.
● Good acoustics and air quality – Hardwood flooring does not give hollow sounds or vibrations and wood is hypoallergenic, thus contributing to a healthier living environment.
● Value-for-money – A simple act of sand and seal will bring a timber floor back to new again unlike carpets which may need to be replaced every few years.
● Evergreen appeal – Though stone and tile floors are also hygienic and easy to maintain, they do not exude the earthy warmth that timbers provide and when it comes to “floor fashion”, timber floors win hands down against carpets, linoleum and even granite and marble.
As other types of floors began to look dull and worn, hardwood flooring will still retain its beauty and become more valuable over time. A wide range of Malaysian hardwood flooring is available for use in homes, offices, showrooms, indoor sports arenas, and restaurants. These timber floors are versatile enough to be paired with virtually any other building material and colour palette for a lovely interior.